Friday, May 04, 2012

And the Terrible Twos continue...

Just when I was wondering what terrible twos are all about, San showed me a trailer of what they could be like. It was nothing great - just a don't-wanna-go home scene at school, topped with a don't-wanna-go-in-that-car scene. Oh yes, I did feel embarrassed - not about the scenes, but about not being able to control San. I had to give up in the end and she happily went home in her friend's car, only to present a don't-wanna-come-out-of-the-car scene on reaching home. The day ended on the same note.

What San did was so not like her, but it was her. I never knew that San was capable of doing it. I also understood how other parents feel when their kids act up in public and they watch helplessly, among the mean stares, wicked smiles, and look-at-that-kid and it's-all-parents'-fault conversations of people. I've been a part of such 'people' at times, but it's another world at the other side of the table. 

A good friend told me that it all happens in phases. You have to bear with it and just hope that one day it will pass (only to be replaced by a different one). It goes on.

So just when you'd think that I'll stop telling you the terrible twos stories, I'll be ready to bother you with a new one! ;-)

Here's a little snippet that I wrote after long... does it sound rap-songish to you? :-)

I am you,
I'm the terrible two
Everything's mine
anything I can do.
Whine, I still shine,
and stamp my feet
Scream my lungs out
and accept no defeat.
No, nothing else,
only No I'd say
Scold, tear your hair,
or run you may.
Bear with my acts
in the middle of the street
Songs or howls
enjoy every beat.

==================================================================
On a good note, here's what San's up to these days - solving puzzles, coloring pictures, and building stuff with blocks. :-)

21 comments:

  1. hee hee ..How true !!! Sailing in the same boat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Divoo san,
    How happy you much be dear San I am so happy for you.
    All wish your little princess sar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for coming by, Michi! good to see you around. :)

      Delete
  3. ha ha... and slowly the embarrassment also stops bothering you.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep! i wonder how long it'd take me to get used to it. :D

      Delete
  4. Divy Divy Divy dont worry.
    Its normal. I hear my colleague talking lol
    her lil boy is with neighbour she takes care of hime when she works.
    hen s=he goes to pick him up...He doesnot look at her and keeps on playing with his back to her.
    its a period u have to go trough Divy.
    NORMAL lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes Marij, it's normal behavior. but even though we know it's normal, it seems extra-terrestrial! :D

      Delete
  5. Sorry about I didn't write for you that make me wrong with me.
    I don't under stand my new name.
    I will pick up soon.
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  6. hoo hoo hoo hoo!! Been there Div. :) So now, i keep my mouth zip when I see other kids acting up. :) Battle of wills begin now huh. :) Chooe your battles wisely, remember to include lotsa hugs. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! i guess it's natural to comment when we see other kids act up, and when it's our kid, we go speechless. :D yup, loads of hugs! they are great healers. :)

      Delete
  7. Divoo,
    it is okay now,
    hope you are happy to you.
    Michiko

    ReplyDelete
  8. ahahhaah!! Love the rap song...sounds completely apt!! Thanks for linking this to the Mommy Brain Mixer!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what i wrote was a short, rhyming poem. only after a couple of reads, i realized that it almost resembles a rap song! :D

      Delete
    2. Hey, I liked your post so much, I featured it again. By the way,ignore my email...I must've messed up the hyperlink the first time!!
      http://momofbigalittlea.blogspot.com/2012/08/what-ive-been-reading-this-week-7-mommy.html

      Delete
    3. thanku thanku thankuuuuuuu!

      Delete
  9. ha ha! I totally was a judgy-judge of bad child behaviour until I actually had my own kids and realized how hard it actually is!! Visiting from the Mommy Brain Mixer.

    www.heiditakingtheplunge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for dropping by, Heidi! yes, we do tend to be a judgy-judge until we experience things with our own kids! :)

      Delete
  10. Isn't it amazing how someone so tiny can be such a terror?? I love the song you made up! :) So glad you linked up to the Mixer, friend. I hope to see you again on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, kids always do amazing things and never cease to surprise us! :) thanks for dropping by, Cassie! Being a part of the mixer was a great experience and I do look forward to joining it again. Thanks! :)

      Delete

What do you say? :-)