Friday, August 04, 2017

The Everyday Stories

There's so much to write about, and so little time! Nah, there's always some time when I can write but I always choose to do something else, like watch TV or scroll through silly videos and happy pictures of people on Facebook. Sigh!

Anyhoo, life's busy. Nah, I make it look busy, but it's slow. The kids grow fast, though!

So we went to this little India trip last month. Oli turned into a social butterfly after coming back and San went into a cocoon. It's tough to understand their behavior at times. As parents, we should. We need to. But it's tough! Either you understand and do something about it, or just sit back with a cup of tea and enjoy it till it lasts. (Please don't take Mommy advice from me ever!) :D

===================================================

Oli's a little hurricane, sweeping things away and destroying stuff as she runs around the house. Okay, it isn't as bad as I made it sound, but the hurricane part is true! :-D

When San was a toddler, I used to hear other Moms tell stories of their kids throwing food around, not leaving them alone even in the restroom, not sleeping well, not eating much, eating off all unclean places, being mean to other kids, and a lot more. I used to proudly look at my very nice child, San, and thank her for not giving me a similar story to tell. With Oli, I have them all! But then, I'm glad I have these stories to tell. When you go through it all, you go nuts. When you think about them at the end of the day, they are so funny that you want a repeat show! It's crazy!


=====================================================

Apart from the usual happy things, I'm figuring out how to handle my lazy eight year old who doesn't seem to hear a single word of Mommy's yap but gladly argues with her to the point of driving her up the wall, and my toddler princess who loves to throw things (and half of her food) and hit people.

Let them be? Yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you say? :-)