Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Mommy fears

The other day, we took San to a play-place in a mall. San was, I guess, the youngest one there, and I felt quite concerned. Why? Cuz' San looked like very tiny tot amongst those 'big' kids and I was wondering if she'd get pushed or bullied! I know I went too far with my thoughts, but then, I couldn't help it.

Little San was trying to climb up a slide, but she had to give way to the other kids first. She was smiling cutely at everyone, letting everyone go first, and giving away her seat to other kids. At one point, I desperately wanted her to push her way through the swarm of kids, and kick anyone who comes in her way or tries to take her seat. Sick! Am I an over-concerned Mommy? :-(

Maybe, I was very negative with my thoughts. I should have concentrated on playing with San and helped her mingle with other kids. Sigh! I need to think better and do better the next time.

7 comments:

  1. yeah ,you are right... we the moms,always concern about our kids...
    always think abt them and narrow our mind...we never try the other way...

    ReplyDelete
  2. @vijayalakshmi: ya, we as kids, would never want our parents to think so much... but we as parents just can't help being over-concerned! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Divoo,
    Thank you for visit and let me know your address, after I come back from my holidays with my younger son's family my grand daughter Millie 3 years and G-son Jack is just one years.
    It was good seen you in here Divoo:-)
    Your San is still young age don't worry about her..she will be running
    very soon relax Divoo...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen my SIL doing the same... wanting her son to push his way to the swings and slides... at times, it could come under 'selfish or over-concerned, over-hyped' category... per.... then, as a mother....you want ur child to not get scared or bullied by the crowd...

    Ok... the word is not scared or bullied, but i can't get the write word... grrrrrr

    ReplyDelete
  5. your baby's young, so it's natural that we become very protective. A time will come when your child is older and another mum will be overconcerned about her young toddler. :) (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Michiko: Great to know about your grandson! I've been so outdated! :) Yea, San's quite young right now, but I can't help my fears :D

    @Amby: Even I can't think of the right word :)

    @Hearts: You're right! Never know how they'll behave when they grow up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. great going..
    and really delighted see you back at my blog.. yes me still njoy my rounds here...

    by the way, cant read a word here.. need to do sth about the font/back ground..

    super mom ha? haha..
    i used to see the picts on ur fb until i deletd my accnt...

    ReplyDelete

What do you say? :-)