Friday, June 10, 2011

Sleep-talk and Hard-work

I'd heard that toddlers sleep-talk and was curious to know if San would do it too. She sensed my curiosity, I guess, and did it last week. Her first sleepy words were: "Mommy? Baby!" Did she see a baby in her dreams or is something else that triggers this cute sleep-talk? I wonder. :-)

Girly tantrums, ah! I didn't know that they start so early! Fluttering their eyelashes like the old Bollywood heroines, giving the cutest smile ever, saying the sweetest 'Mommy' and 'Papa' ever, and even ignoring us are some tricks they use to divert our attention when we scold them. God know where they learn it all from!

But at the same time, they are hard-workers! At least at this age, when they've freshly learned how to cleanup. :-) As soon as San hears the word 'clean', she goes running into the kitchen and comes back with the broom and the dustpan, and then goes on a cleaning spree! That's the 'awwww' moment for me. :-) And the best part is to see the sense of achievement reflecting on her face, when we compliment her for her work. These things make my day, just everyday!



8 comments:

  1. :-) Clean Up Clean Up everybody everywhere.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! Loved seeing her the other day :-) Start singing that song "clean up clean up, everybody everwhere! clean up, clean up, everybody do your share"... standard in most daycares here :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see you've got yourself a little handy helper there. I must get my daughter started on some chores soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Div..so soon and your daughter's a toddler already. :) Tantrums vary with each child. Hope yours is a mild sweet child. haha.. My first was so. My 2nd gave me headaches and palpitations with her tantrums! As for helping, yes, maximise and use them fully while they're still willing to be mummy's little helper. hahaha Have a good weekend Div! (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very true...

    my younger nephews...do that often. Their chest broadens after hearing appreciations...They love to appreciated... we all do and appreciation is what motivates us to do well and keep moving forward in life :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Mimi: yup, she's been singing that song in her own language, thanks to Barney. :)

    @mom2kiddos: yeah, for now I do have a helper, and I'm making the most of it. :)

    @Hearts: she's mild and sweet outside home and when she wants to be. her 'avatars' amaze us all the time... haha! yeah, lemme see how long i can use her cute little help. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. and then she wants to help with cleaning the windows lol
    well she is and will stay ur lil princess.
    have a wonderful week Divy

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet helping mum though hope continuously keeping doing it:-)
    My grand daughter's three years and starting help her mum at kitchen a peeling the potatoes.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

What do you say? :-)