Friday, August 03, 2012

The ant-bit-me tale

San's second summer session at school started this week, it's the third day, and the third I-don't-wanna-go-to-school day too. I wonder why! And to top that, she came home from school with an ant-bitten foot and a runny nose on Wednesday. Runny nose, I can handle, but the ant bites that looked nothing close to an ant bite were scary!

"Mommy, the ant came in my shoe and bit me."
"Noway. Where did you play today?"
"No water play, Mommy."
"Did you play in the sand-pit?"
"No."
"Then?"
"The ant came in my shoe and bit me!"
"Where, San?"
"Ahaana no water play."
"San. did you play in the grass?"
"Yes, grass!"
"Ughhh!"

I was sure that she didn't play in the grass, and that the rashes were some kinda allergy. And I wasn't agreeing to San's ant-bit-me story, until I spoke to her teacher today. The kids did play out that day, San did not go in the water, and some kids (also a teacher) did go back home with ant bites. And then I wondered when to believe these kids and when not to. Yes, they're good at making up stories, but San has proved me wrong twice already, when I thought she made up a story. I feel so bad, sigh! :(

======================================================================
Coming back to her cute little new words, San told me that she'd been 'clean-upping' the closet. Hoho! She's clever enough to know that the verbs end with an 'ing'. But then, she is yet to know where it goes! She anyway has a long way to go before she understands all that grammar.

And then, even before we start off with the scolding session, she tells (read 'screams') us that 'she understands', with a frown! It's like, "Okay, I've said it cuz' I'm supposed to say it. Don't expect me to mean it too!" 

14 comments:

  1. I think little kids are too innocent to make up complicated stories! For the most part, it's pretty safe to take their word for it! And, it will give her the confidence to know that you trust her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess now you should start taking her word. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. its fun to read all your posts. it always makes me peep into my past handling the similar situations with Saad.
    Please never show her that you don't believe in what she says. if you suspect that she's hiding the truth, ask her for more n more details and keep in putting friendly questions. let her come to right story by herself. try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do believe her most of the times, but twice, I believed myself more, and that was a mistake. Yup, I've learned my lesson! :)

      Delete
  4. Enjoy the fun and good you are capturing the moments in the blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. YEA, high time you started accepting her theories n stories else you might learn still better words :P :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deeps, I always believe her. Two mistakes are permissible.

      Delete
  6. Hi, I have an award for you at my blog! http://momofbigalittlea.blogspot.com/2012/08/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Div, so has Sans finished clean-upping her closet? haha...my kids also used to use past tense in wrong places. Believing children, I guess, Sans is at an age where she will still tell the truth. I do remember however, that Jo, when about 2, had very vivid imagination (still has), and sometimes I just didn't know if it was the truth or her imagination. You'll ssoon find your way of knowin though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, Martha. kids this age are too innocent to tell a lie. but yes, their imagination has no bounds, and it's real fun to hear their stories. yup, I messed up this time, though!

      Delete

What do you say? :-)