Monday, April 15, 2013

The big question

Image courtesy: www.someecards.com
I fear questions. All kinds of questions. All whys and hows. San asked me the big one recently. How did the baby get in Aunt S's tummy? I obviously gave a silly answer (I don't even remember what I told her... sheesh!). But then the bottom line is that I hate questions. :-( Questions like why can't I make a square bubble, why does soapy water make bubbles, why doesn't a rainbow have brown color. It's good to ask questions, I'm glad that San asks great questions, but I can't answer all of them. I feel bad when I give silly answers to her questions, but I can't be logical all the time. I seriously need more patience (and better answers)! 

Oh, and then she tells me that Aunt S is gonna have a baby girl. I asked her how she knew that. "Because Aunt S is a girl!", she told me with a don't-you-know-that-silly look. Well, I need to learn a lot from San.
====

San has finally mastered the art of ignoring us. And what show she puts on! I'm impressed with her patience. If only I had that amount of patience, I'd have sailed through this ignoring business happily. And to top that, she even gives a reason for why she ignored me, a very silly reason. So much for my hatred for the lack of acknowledgement... argh! Kids can really make you tear your hair, I mean literally! 

====

Anyway, lemme talk about good things. She'd almost perfected the somersault under Papa dear's training, so we've put her in a gymnastics class. I was very nervous about her first gym class, and about how she'd behave, what she'd wear, how she'd cope, and other blah. She did great! (what??) BTW, we bought her leotards for the gymnastics class. You'd know what a leotard is if you or your kid has been to a gym class. Maybe you know what it is irrespective of whether or not your kid went to a gym class. I had no clue until now. Thanks to Google!


24 comments:

  1. U think u know all..well kids teach u lots more!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Sanavi does somersaults!!! This is great!!
    I too dread those questions, and i too give silly answers a lot of times... Now patience is something in short supply it seems :)
    I too don't know what leotards is, going off to google...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, quite good somersaults, thanks to Papa dear. :) Yay, I introduced a new word to you all. :P

      Delete
  3. A smart girl with a thinking brain.Good she is growing fit enough for gym.You could have explained what leotard is instead of making everone go to Google.Lols

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the problem is that she prefers logical answers. Silly ones are for babies, she says. :) Haha! I should have linked the leotard to the dictionary to save your time. :P

      Delete
  4. There are questions and there are questions.At what age u explain to ur kid how babies are made. ( excuse me the word made haha)
    but anyway i had to check google for the leotarda
    We call it....well i used to call it aerobicclothes.
    She must look crazy cute with her outfit
    What age did ut parents explain everything Cos i had to hear everything from the street. ( friends)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kids her age look like angels in leotards. :) Hmm, when do you actually explain the BIG thing? I dunno. Cuz' I too learned it all from the 'street'! Haha!

      Delete
    2. I think that 90% learns this from the street. But anyway Divy u can show here these mails when she is around 9 or 10 or so and then u take her on ur lap and start to tell..Or better ur papa can also help HIHI Just joking Enjoyn the weekend Hope its peace with u guys there now..I pray for the dead and injured ppl in Boston and the explosoin victims.

      Delete
    3. I hope I'll be able to answer the big question when it's the right time! tough job! :D Our weekend was okay. The news throughout the week have been disturbing. Prayers for the Boston victims. Happy to know that the accused have been captured. Have a good week ahead, Marij!

      Delete
  5. Kids teach us what we didn't learn even as adults :) San is growing up to be a sweetheart. Want to see her pic in leotards :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True that! Will soon post her pic in leotards. :)

      Delete
  6. Questions.......ah hh......that's how we mum become knowledgeable about the least important things, from googling to find answers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ha ha. that really was a nice read. thought about writing some intellectual reply to the post. but how stupid would that be. children don’t need to grow up. we do.

    our children are our best teachers, that’s a big truth. saad thought me that if you didn’t understand the question, you didn’t need to understand the answer as well. like –
    he (being toddler) – amil gullum salamya mulgeela.
    i (being stupid grown up) – jumun maniltu pukilya amilu sana.

    you think you’ll get rid of all the question sooner or later…. only in your dreams D. do you have all the answers for you at this age of yours??? you have questions.

    i still get my daily dose. and i have all the answers. the only difference is – i get to hear a last line – baba, you don’t know nothing….

    God bless you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if you could translate that conversation into something that i can understand, it'll be great, Noor! :) questions are going to be there forever. all kinds. all sizes. never-ending! :D

      Delete
    2. how could i translate it to make you understand when i myself don't understand it. :)

      am trying to imitate the sound very young children make. in reply i make similar sounds and in most of the cases i see them smiling. thus i assume they got what i said. or perhaps they're happy to see a monkey. who knows. :D

      Delete
    3. oh haha! how stupid of me! i couldn't figure out that it's baby talk. :D yup, yup! we've done that!

      Delete
  8. looks like all kids have such WHYs and HOWs.. :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Divoo, I have shared a Liebster blog award with you, check it out at my food blog..

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahah!! She's pretty logical! "She's a girl"! I love that she asks great questions, even though I know how tiring that can be! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL....

    my SIL refused entertainment to her 8 year old son. He cried and cried and cried (mostly baby croc tears). He asked me to change his mom and get him somebody better. He said he will go away somewhere if we didn't change his mother. Then, he thought for awhile and said, I will not go anywhere, but change my mom.

    ReplyDelete

What do you say? :-)