Tuesday, November 26, 2013

New school, another first day

Today's another first day at school for San! After almost a 4-month long break, she's finally back to school...her new school! :) She is obviously very excited about it, and not all anxious. She did have a question, though. "What time is the play time at school?"

There's a huge difference between how the preschools work, look, and feel in US and in India. We get concerned about how our kids will adapt to the new environment, but they're smart. With little, and at times, no help, they find their way into the new world. But Moms will be Moms. Always concerned. Forever concerned.

I'm not even the pickup and drop person now. It's her school van. More concern for the Mom! San waved to me happily from her new ride to school. I expected her to get a little anxious at this point of time. I thought that I'd give her a big, comforting hug then. She didn't even wait for the goodbye hug. I shouldn't expect anything now. Mommyness!

And here are the "Then" and "Now" pictures that I was eager to post :)

First day at school - Nov 2011 - Houston


First day at school - Nov 2013 - Pune
====

San has undergone some new, not-so-great behavioral changes, thanks to the loads of pamper and attention that she was subjected to on her recent trip to her grandparents'. Hopefully, hew new routine will mend a few things. Nothing and no one else can. 



17 comments:

  1. Hmm.... Nicely written... San is growing bful n bful by the day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. San will adapt to the new school like the duck taking to water.It is you who needs to change!!!My best wishes to the little girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Partha! I'm the same old overly-concerned Mommy. :)

      Delete
  3. Is San then in India Divy? I mean Pune is India no?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we're very much in India, and so is Pune, Marij. :) We're gonna be in India for a while, but we don't know how long that 'while' is going to be. :) Where are you these days?

      Delete
  4. Very well written :) She is a smart girl. Looking forward to read the next posting about her experience in the new school... And how dear mommy handles her anxiousness :) Good luck to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shilpi. Dunno who is gonna be the anxious one at the end of the day! :)

      Delete
  5. Very nice.. :) Houston to Pune i'm sure must've been a change for you if not so much for baby liquid.. aka San :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow Pumpum, great to see you here! yes, it's a big change... pune to houston to pune... but i'm glad to be back where i started from.... and you're right, it's more difficult for me than for jr. liquid :)

      Delete
  6. I love to see San's frist day back to school and she was very smart girl !
    Of course from of good Mum and dad!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was great chatting with you yesterday, Divoo.

    My my sans all grown up... :)

    I am pretty sure she will love her new school...

    ReplyDelete
  8. San has indeed grown!! I can totally understand that mommy anxiety!! I went through that on the first day of Zini's school and the girl didn't even turn back to say bye!!
    Hugs..

    ReplyDelete

What do you say? :-)