Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Oli starts school

Yeah, it's Oli's second day in school today. Actually, preschool. Papa dear and I looked at her all dressed up and ready to go in her little red uniform and said, "Aww! Look at her! Is she really going to school?"

The proud big sister San couldn't help awwing at her uniform, bag, ID card and stuff. "Did she really get all of that? Is it really all hers?" Oli started pulling at San's ID card today morning thinking that it is hers. She'd been running around the house holding her red tee shirt, chanting that she is gonna go to school. She even held on to her little green school bag until we reached her school. And then, it hit her. She is in school. A step in, a step back out, another step in, and then she spotted the wonderful red slide. She did not turn back after that and I could happily come back home.

My maid just said that it is really quiet in here without Oli. Yeah, it is. It feels weird. I am trying to remember San's first day in school and how it felt at home that day.

Oh btw, I just picked Oli up from school. I was told that she cried on seeing two other kids cry (Aww!) and threw up the banana and milk that she had for breakfast. Sigh! I hope it will get better.

=========================================


Day 3: She was all ready to go, with her bag packed, bottled filled, and a new tee shirt on. She also walked down happily, carrying her bag on her little shoulders, saying that I'm going to school in a bus (I had to explain her that bus is what San Didi takes. We only walk. Sad.)

So, anyway, she wasn't in a mood to go, clung to me like a baby monkey, not wanting to let go, not wanting to play on the wonderful red slide, not wanting to play with the ball pit too, and crying her puppy eyes out. And this is called the Preschool Drop Off Separation Anxiety. Just found out! My Mommy heart almost broke but I had to leave her there in that mode. Hope it gets better soon! More sigh!


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you say? :-)