Monday, June 03, 2019

Battling the Temper

The temper is so bad at times that it flies out of the window and lands on someone who has no idea about what in the world happened! It shouldn't be so bad. The window must stay shut. Nothing should fly. Neither the temper nor the innocent little things... sigh!

I'm a working Mom now like they say. And that is really a stupid phrase. Moms work all the time. Both outside and inside the home sweet home. Nah, I'm not blowing it up. It's true. I've started a job after a mammoth break of 10 years. And I'm doing what I love to do. It is very satisfying. Like cool breeze in your hair. Like looking at the first rays of sun falling on snow-clad mountains. Like crashing in your cozy bed after a long day. 
But then, stress gets the better of me at times. It irks me when my 9-year old teenager argues with me. It bothers me when Oli paints the whole house and throws stuff everywhere. They are kids. What else will they do? I'm Mommy. I can scream a few times and shut everyone up.

"So you work now? When do you cook? What do you cook? Do you have a maid who cooks? Where are your kids? You put the little one in a daycare? Aww, poor little girl. Oh, she has lost weight! Why is she so thin? Your in-laws stay with you now? Wow! So who cooks? Your mom-in-law? You? When? What?" Leave me alone, people!!

Alright, time to gather some patience and put my monkeys to sleep!

2 comments:

  1. Your writing taste has been surprised me. Thank you, a quite nice article.

    Jaipur sightseeing taxi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you mind if I quote a few of your posts as long as I provide credit and sources back to your site?
    My blog is in the very same area of interest as yours and my visitors would definitely benefit from a lot of the information you provide here. Please let me know if this okay with you.

    Thankyou!
    Jaipur to Haridwar tempo traveller

    ReplyDelete

What do you say? :-)