Monday, November 07, 2011

First day at school

And today was it - San's first day at school! Preschool, to be precise. :)

Choosing a school for her wasn't tough, and neither was the task of preparing her for school. Cuz', thanks to Dora, she loves to carry a backpack, and likes everything that has a princess or a fairy on it. 

When we took a tour of the school, she loved the class, the kids, the zebra toy, the slide... but the first day at school always brings a different story! We were told to drop her off in the class and disappear! And we did. Our disappearance act wasn't tough cuz' she didn't cry at that time. We left her with a surprised (read shocked) look on her face. She looked okay, sipping from her bottle, when we finally left school.

Five hours without her at home felt like ten. Time crawled. The silence was scary! And then, we were back to school at 2. I peeped in to the class and found her sitting quietly with others and listening to their teacher. She happened to look at me and that was it - she burst into tears... aww! We hugged, and then she happily told me that the teacher changed her diaper. :) I was glad that she told me something! Yup, she did cry off and on while in school, didn't eat at all, and didn't sleep. But she'll be okay.... soon! Phew! :-)


5 comments:

  1. aaaaawwwww...first days of school r always like this..i remember my days at Amity...my God...the children used to howl like crazy !! n the whole day we had to sit with them n console them !!!
    but then they r fine in a few days...so hopefully San will be fine too :)
    All the best :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwwww...first day is always the toughest, but she will soon grow out of it... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so young at school already? is it a compulsory thing? I am one of those mums who refused to send my child to preschool till 6 yrs. With my second, I chose not to send at all. Love spending time with them and doing own preschool at home. :) Well...I'm glad your litle one survived preschool, hope she'll grow to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Martha: hmm, it's not mandatory. :) we decide to send her at this age only for the socializing sake. her Dad feels the way you do, but then, frankly, I wanted her to keep up with the other children of her age. :) we do teach her stuff at home in our way and she goes only 2 days a week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohh San is growing up Divy
    school first day... tears And before u know u have boy friends at ur door lol
    time goes so fast Remember her being born How long ago???
    well looks like yesterday. Nice foto btw. with her backsack.
    I love it
    be strong she loves school belief me
    MJ

    ReplyDelete

What do you say? :-)